PCR Testing Flying Out & Day 2 Return (Next Day Results). Mandatory tests.
This Travel Pack is for anyone travelling to a country that requires PCR as fit to fly and is not fully vaccinated.
This pack includes:
- “Fit to Fly” PCR test and Certificate before you leave.
- Day 2 Test on your return.
Based on next day result turnaround time Mon to Fri.
Disclaimer: If test results are delayed due to any issue at the Lab or results are inconclusive, as we are independent of Lab, we cannot be liable for any late or inconclusive results.
Recommended: We recommend having adequate travel insurance in case of an ‘inconclusive’ result (frequency approx 1 in 500).
If you are not fully vaccinated
This is what you need to do if you do not qualify under the fully vaccinated rules for travel to England.
Before you travel to England – not fully vaccinated
Before you travel to England you must:
- take a COVID-19 test – to be taken in the 3 days before you travel to England
- book and pay for day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 PCR tests – to be taken after arrival in England
- complete a passenger locator form – to be completed in the 48 hours before you arrive in England
When you arrive in England – not fully vaccinated
After you arrive in England you must:
- quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 full days
- take your COVID-19 PCR tests – you must book these tests before you travel
You must take the first test on or before day 2 and the second test on or after day 8. The day you arrive is day 0. If your day 2 test is positive you do not have to take a day 8 test.
If you are in England for less than 10 days, you need to quarantine for the time you are here. You need to book day 2 and day 8 PCR tests. You only need to take the tests if you are still in England on those days.If the test result is positive
If you test positive on your day 2 or day 8 test, you must self-isolate for 10 full days. The day you took the test is day 0.
Members of your household may also be asked to self-isolate.Test to Release scheme
If you need to quarantine, you may be able to end quarantine early if you pay for a private COVID-19 test through the Test to Release scheme.